This SIGNED "Season's Greetings from the White House" documents nearly a century of presidential Christmas cards, messages and gifts from Calvin Coolidge to Donald Trump. This historical book is filled with captivating behind-the-scenes stories and personal recollections of every First Family, every year since 1923 and the first National Christmas tree.
Mary Seeley's extensive research enables her to share the human side of Christmas at the White House and preserve an important, but often overlooked, part of presidential history.
Not to be missed are the interviews with former First Ladies; Betty Ford, Rosalynn Carter, Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, Laura Bush and written remarks from the Johnson, Clinton and Trump White Houses.
Some of the stories
- Calvin Coolidge’s walk to the park to light the first National Christmas Tree
- FDR’s undeterred love of Christmas during 12 years of war and peace
- Dwight Eisenhower paintings reproduced for his Christmas gift prints
- The Jackie Kennedy South Lawn sleigh ride that became a Christmas card
- Pat Nixon’s unheralded acquisitions and restoration of the White House
- Ronald Reagan, who had the National Tree lit on his Inauguration Day
- Barbara Bush, with a record 12 rides to the top of the National Tree
- The Clintons’ contributions to a Contemporary White House Christmas
- White House tours closed before George W. Bush’s first Christmas there
- See how the Obamas’ Christmas cards and decorations went to the dogs
- Donald Trump’s campaign promise to bring back “Merry Christmas”
- 8th Edition by Mary Evans Seeley
- 352 pages
- 200 photos
- Published by A Presidential Christmas Corp.
- Signed Book Plate